OpenText Vendor Invoice Management for SAP® Solutions
Optimize accounts payable processes in SAP ERP
For most companies, invoice processing requires too much manual effort, causing a drain on resources internally and for the vendors involved. Manual keying of invoice data and resolution efforts involve time-consuming historical research, communication with the vendor, process documentation, requests for additional information from multiple parties, manual routing, and the labor-intensive process of monitoring and providing update reports on the status of unpaid invoices. AP staff resources can spend most of their time addressing these problems, while vendors and buyers experience a wide range of disincentives and disadvantages.
- Minimize invoice processing time, optimize efficiency
- Increase ROI and save money
- Reduced cycle times
- Increased productivity
- Lower costs, reduce manual data keying
- Scalable foundation
OpenText Vendor Invoice Management for SAP® Solutions (VIM) is a prepackaged composite application that works with SAP ERP systems to streamline accounts payable (AP) operations. VIM (sold by SAP as SAP Invoice Management by OpenText) optimizes and simplifies the process of creating, managing, monitoring and routing purchase orders and invoices for AP personnel and vendors. Invoices are processed more efficiently and quickly; problem invoices are automatically routed for problem resolution, approval, and payment. VIM lets you manage invoices through a secure, browser-based interface where AP employees and vendors can collaborate to resolve problems, obtain invoice status, check purchase order numbers, submit invoices, and more.
As an option for VIM, OpenText Invoice Capture Center for SAP Solutions (ICC) further extends its capabilities to virtually completely automate the capture of paper invoices. ICC uses optical character recognition (OCR) to extract invoice data and virtually eliminate human intervention in the invoice capture stage of AP processing. The combination of ICC with VIM enables end-to-end automation of paper invoice processing, thereby maximizing the optimization of AP processes and accelerating ROI.
Learn more about the key capabilities of OpenText Vendor Invoice Management:
- Automate invoice data entry with OCR: The ICC option for VIM contains a “knowledge base” that has been trained on samples of thousands of invoices from multiple countries around the world. VIM's extensive knowledge base means that ICC can more intelligently recognize the type and position of invoice data, and extract it accurately without human intervention.
- Manage the review and approval process: VIM offers controlled and automated exceptions handling, aging, escalation, and reporting, resulting in reduced cost per transaction.
- Leverage designated workflows: VIM provides predefined workflow templates with robust and extensible baseline functionality, shortening your implementation time, and reducing deployment costs.
- Automate invoice routing and sorting: Designate workflow steps to sort and route invoices based on user roles, authorization rules, and predefined timelines.
- Generate reports: Generate reports based on region, business unit, exception type, liability, and more. Capture predefined exception data with which you can produce cause and effect process diagrams.
- Drill down to invoice information: Access applications, content, and history using an intuitive, graphical dashboard with buttons that drill down into the original invoice image, purchase order, goods receipt, and invoice information.
- Enter invoices from any location: Enter invoices from any location directly into the ERP system using an Internet connection. This gives Line managers greater control over budgets and simplifies invoice management.
- Classify invoices automatically: Classify problem invoices automatically for further action as blocked, parked or held. Classification determines next steps in the processing cycle and various degrees of escalation notices are sent.
- Route invoices: Depending on classification, invoice exceptions are routed according to established business rules and policies. Workflow policies determine where invoices are routed and what approvals or next steps are required.
- Monitor status and notification: Monitor where invoices stand in the payment process and notify vendors of payment exceptions to speed issue resolution.
- Make all invoices electronic: Include invoices in electronic form, whether scanned, faxed, delivered via XML, or entered by the vendor using an online self-service portal. VIM can be linked with advanced imaging solutions such as indexing, automated duplicate invoice checking, and optical character recognition (OCR). You can display them with associated purchase order numbers.
- View invoice history: Receive information about past invoices, including detailed invoice history and past payment information.
- Resolve disputes: When dealing with invoice disputes, AP personnel can use VIM request additional information, receive status of orders, send notification of cancelled invoices, and collaborate with other AP staff.
- Partner setup and maintenance: Work with other AP staff to establish authorization protocols and access rights for creation and maintenance of partner profiles.
- Collaborate: Initiate and respond to questions and issues related to problem invoices, payment histories and partner profiles.
SAP Invoice Management allows you to minimize invoice processing time, avoid risk and facilitate regulatory compliance, improve vendor relationships, and optimize cash-flow management.
- OpenText Vendor Invoice Management for SAP Solutions Product Overview
- Optimizing Accounts Payable Solution Overview
- Paystream Advisors' Profile of OpenText's Accounts Payable Solutions
- Paystream Advisors' Whitepaper on SAP Invoice Management by OpenText
- SAPinsider Special Report: Solutions for the CFO: Increase Profit by Enabling Informed Decision Making
- SAP Invoice Management by OpenText Solution Brief
- SAP Invoice Management by OpenText Solution In Detail
- SAP Invoice Management by OpenText: Achieving Financial Excellence
- Streamlining Vendor Invoice Management with OpenText Executive Whitpaper
- SAP Insider Article: When Too Much Information is Not Enough
Engage with Us