Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency Success Story
Federal Agency Migrates Document Repository With OpenText
OpenText Integration Center relocates Canadian environmental agency’s document library to support information management initiative
"The OpenText Integration Center is very helpful in that regard—where you basically do your data extract, you massage the data, and then you agree to the way you’re going to import it into the OpenText Document Management Solution. Everything went quite smoothly."
— Gilles Levesque, Manager, Information Services at CEAA
- Migration of a document repository to a new document management system
- Completion of the migration in a single, bulk transfer to the new system
- Small IT department without the resources to dedicate to the migration
- Automated migration of content encompassed all requirements from permissions management to metadata
- Minimal downtime and content integrity ensured to get users back online quickly
- Open Text Consulting Services supported the effort, avoiding the need to dedicate internal resources to a one-time initiative
About the Organization
The Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency (CEAA) is a federal body that provides Canadians with high-quality environmental assessments that contribute to informed decision-making in support of sustainable development. Established in 1994, CEAA was created to support the Canadian Environmental Assessment Act. CEAA, through its support and coordination of environmental assessments, serves Canadians by helping to eliminate or reduce the potentially negative effects on the environment of proposed development initiatives, such as mining, hydroelectric or pipeline projects, before they are carried out. Headquartered in Ottawa and with six regional offices, CEAA works in partnership with other federal departments and agencies, provinces and territories, environmental and Aboriginal groups, industry, and others to ensure that all efforts are coordinated and aligned. For more information, visit: http://www.ceaa.gc.ca/default.asp?lang=En&n=D75FB358-1
How can we help?
North America: 1-800-499-6544