2007-2011: The Content Experts
More than 46,000 successful deployments globally, renowned content management applications and solutions, and leaders in the evolution of Web 2.0 technologies...
- Total revenue for fiscal 2011 was $1,033.3 million.
- Acquires Metastorm Inc., a leading provider of Business Process Management (BPM), Business Process Analysis (BPA), and Enterprise Architecture (EA) software, further expanding its ECM portfolio capabilities with process management functionality.
- Acquires London-based weComm, a mobile application pioneer that offers technology for deployment of high-quality, media rich apps across more than 900 mobile devices and platforms to further advance the company’s Mobile App Strategy.
- Acquires Global 360 Holding Corporation, a leading provider of process and case management solutions and document-centric BPM to enhance its ECM portfolio with robust BPM offerings.
- Acquires Operitel Corporation, a company specializing in Learning Management Systems (LMS) and Enterprise Learning Portals, adding powerful e-learning capabilities to OpenText solutions.
- Positioned as a Leader in "The Forrester WaveTM: Enterprise Content Management, Q4 2011 report.
- Total revenue for fiscal 2010 is $912.0 million.
- Acquires Nstein Technologies, adding content analytics/ semantically-based search engine capabilities to its portfolio.
- Announces $225 million R&D investment over the next five years on product innovations and related job creation at its Waterloo, Richmond Hill and Ottawa locations.
- Releases OpenText Everywhere, inaugurating a new era of mobile content applications in which OpenText partners and customers can create, develop, and deliver mobiles applications with OpenText's Mobile Applications and Services.
- Delivers the confidential and highly secure social networking application for the G-8 and G-20 Summits, allowing leaders and global policy makers to collaborate over secure social networking software for the first time in the history of the Summit.
- Acquires StreamServe, Inc., a provider of business communications solutions, adding enhanced document output and customer communication management software to the product portfolio.
- Total revenue for fiscal year 2009 reaches $785.7 million USD.
- Ranked the largest Canadian software company in the Branham300, the well-known annual ranking of top information and communication technology (ICT) companies operating in Canada.
- Acquires Vizible Corporation, the makers of a digital media interface solution, allowing for the 3-Dimensional navigation of digital media, paving the way for virtual interactive and collaborative immersive environments and next-generation ECM platforms.
- Analyst firm Forrester Research names Open Text a leader in The Forrester Wave: Records Management, Q2 2009.
- Acquires Vignette Corporation, another ECM software company, introducing secure social media into the ECM platform, along with consumer-based features into enterprise software.
- Fortune Magazine Ranks Open Text 15th among world's Fastest-Growing Companies—the company ranks 6th in the world among Tech Companies.
- Reaches $725.5 million USD in fiscal 2008
- Unveils Enterprise 2.0 strategy designed to help customers transform their organizations with powerful social computing tools and Web 2.0 technologies
- Partners with the University of Waterloo to create the Stratford Institute, a leading institute for Web 2.0 and digital media studies
- Forrester Research names Artesia Digital Asset Management (DAM) solution the Standalone Leader in marketing asset management software
- Acquires eMotion LLC, a division of the Corbis Corporation that specializes in solutions for marketing departments and advertising agencies to compliment Artesia DAM
- Acquires Spicer Corporation, specialists in file format viewer solutions for desktop applications, integrated business process management (BPM) systems, and reprographics
- Reaches $595.7 million USD in revenue for fiscal 2007
- Becomes first U.S. Department of Defense-Certified Records Management Solution for Microsoft Office SharePoint Server
- Named a leader in Records Management and Enterprise Content Management by Forrester Research
- Positioned in the Leaders Quadrant in the Enterprise Content Management Magic Quadrant by Gartner
- SAP relationship strengthens: SAP resells OpenText solutions under the names “SAP Archiving by OpenText” and “SAP Document Access by OpenText”; introduction of Livelink ECM™ - Records Management for use with SAP® applications