Terminal Emulator Windows Software – OpenText HostExplorer
The de facto standard terminal emulation software for accessing IBM® 3270 Mainframes, AS/400s, UNIX and FTP hosts from Microsoft Windows desktops
What is a terminal emulator?
Terminal emulation is the ability to make one computer terminal, typically a PC, appear to look like another, usually older type of terminal so that a user can access programs originally written to communicate with the other terminal type. OpenText HostExplorer is one of best terminal emulator software packages available for IBM® 3270 Mainframes, AS/400s, UNIX and FTP hosts.
OpenText™ HostExplorer is a terminal emulator that provides fast, secure and reliable connections from Microsoft® Windows® PCs to a variety of enterprise hosts. HostExplorer enables organizations to benefit from the latest PC and web technologies while protecting their investment in data, information assets and systems.
Terminal Emulator Features
- PC-to-host emulator
- Web-to-host emulator
- 3270 sessions (IBM z/OS) terminal emulation
- 5250 sessions (IBM AS/400) terminal emulation
- VT (virtual terminal) sessions
- WyseTerm emulation
- Automatic upgrade functionality
- Centralized deployment and management of user profiles
- Easy migration from IBM PComm, MicroFocus Rumba, and Attachmate Extra!, including macro conversions
Benefits of HostExplorer Terminal Emulation
- Easy browser access to terminal sessions
- Easy migration preserves user experience, eliminates need for retraining and avoiding business workflow interruptions
- Reduces maintenance cost and effort through automatic upgrades and centralized administration
OpenText’s HostExplorer® Chosen as a Cost Effective and Seamless Solution to Replace Competing Terminal Emulator
Free Terminal Emulator Trial
Fill out the form and an OpenText expert will contact you with instructions to start your free trial.