Terminal Emulator Windows Software – OpenText HostExplorer
The de facto standard terminal emulation software for accessing IBM® 3270 Mainframes, AS/400s, UNIX and FTP hosts from Microsoft Windows desktops
What is a terminal emulator?
Terminal emulation is the ability to make one computer terminal, typically a PC, appear to look like another, usually older type of terminal so that a user can access programs originally written to communicate with the other terminal type. OpenText HostExplorer is one of best terminal emulator software packages available for IBM® 3270 Mainframes, AS/400s, UNIX and FTP hosts.
OpenText™ HostExplorer is a terminal emulator that provides fast, secure and reliable connections from Microsoft® Windows® PCs to a variety of enterprise hosts. HostExplorer enables organizations to benefit from the latest PC and web technologies while protecting their investment in data, information assets and systems.
Terminal Emulator Features
- PC-to-host emulator
- Web-to-host emulator
- 3270 sessions (IBM z/OS) terminal emulation
- 5250 sessions (IBM AS/400) terminal emulation
- VT (virtual terminal) sessions
- WyseTerm emulation
- Automatic upgrade functionality
- Centralized deployment and management of user profiles
- Easy migration from IBM PComm, MicroFocus Rumba, and Attachmate Extra!, including macro conversions
Benefits of HostExplorer Terminal Emulation
- Easy browser access to terminal sessions
- Easy migration preserves user experience, eliminates need for retraining and avoiding business workflow interruptions
- Reduces maintenance cost and effort through automatic upgrades and centralized administration
OpenText HostExplorer improves stability and scalability as the preferred host access solution of fast-growing, regional transportation company.
Free Terminal Emulator Trial
Fill out the form and an OpenText expert will contact you with instructions to start your free trial.